Thursday, May 28, 2009

101 dog hints

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. ~Phil Pastoret

We love our dog - most of the time. We have a relatively large Shih-tzu named Bowie. Bowie is more of a mammas boy. We'll both be sitting in the living room, I'll call him to sit on my lap. He will look at me, look at Connie ~ and promptly walk over and sit on her lap. I have to have treats to get his attention. Oh well - gotta love dogs. We've had a lot of great dogs - and dog stories.

I've heard that you can always trust dog people. I don't know if all people that have dogs are good ~ probably not ~ but I do believe that all people that have dogs are better for it. The dogs teach us how to have a good day - no matter what is going on around them.

We had a dog that learned how to jump in the back window of the car to go for a ride. One day, while we were working in the front yard, a car was driving by the house slowly. Our dog ran and jumped in the back window that was open. It was especially embarrassing because the car was a police car. Hmmm - fortunately, he had a sense of humor!

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that pet ownership is also a tremendous responsibility. Here is a link to the American Kennel Clubs 101 suggestions to become a responsible dog owner:


Wow - it takes a lot of hard work to be a good pet owner - but it's the best investment you'll ever make!!

I have pictures below of our dogs and others in the family - gotta luv 'em! Roscoe was a great dog - learned lotza tricks - and was always great with kids. Blackie was Dad's dog. And the two in the baby carriage were Pam's dogs.































My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

A cat, after being scolded, goes about its business. A dog slinks off into a corner and pretends to be doing a serious self-reappraisal. ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment