Friday, May 8, 2009

Four Angels


God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck


There is an old saying, “If momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy”. That’s always been true in my house – whether my Mom, Grandma, or wife. So, I want to wish all the Mothers, especially mine, a HAPPY Mother’s Day.


My Mom raised four of us, all four angels. Hmmm ~ I’m not sure we were always angels. Maybe sometimes? Now that I think about it, the only time she really called me an angel was when she found out which little league baseball team I’d play on – the Angels. Oh well, at least I was an Angel during baseball season. She raised us to be independent (stubborn). At times, “we’ve” been accused of being a little too stubborn – well at least my sisters. ;-) Thanks Mom for all you did!!!!!


I have an award to give, the Mother of the Year award. Due to tight budgets, the only prize for this award is eternal admiration and a big hug the next time I see you. So – ta da – here it is: My First Annual Mother’s Day award goes to my niece, Rayna. Rayna had a beautiful baby girl, Aubrie, in March. But, it was quite a challenge. Rayna was having health problems, so Aubrie was born early – real early. Aubrie was less than 3 pounds when she was born – what a tiny tiny girl! However, with great medical care and all our prayers, both Rayna and Aubrie are doing fantastic. Rayna, you sure did it the hard way. Congratulations – you are a great Mom!!!

Here is a picture of Rayna and Aubrie – how cute!!!


See what I mean:






No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. ~Harry Truman



The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

No comments:

Post a Comment